mardi 14 mars 2017

Our Carnival holidays

My carnival holidays

Quentin

My holidays were enjoyable. I went to carnival only for two days: on Carnival Sunday and Monday. I went with three of my friends to Fort-de-France to spend the afternoon there. We saw a lot of groups which played music and danced. We also saw cars called "Bwadjak". They're modified cars which make a lot of noise. On the car body people painted the latest news' topics to laugh at the society. I saw the 2017 "Vaval", Vaval is a big dummy which represents an important event of the year to laught at it. It was very funny ! During the rest of my holidays I went to the cinema with some of friends, we saw "The split" a thriller directed by M. Night Shyamalan and "Il a déja tes yeux", a French comedy directed by Lucien Jean-Baptiste, a Caribbean film-maker. I also went to the beach with my family. I've spent good holidays !
The end




During the begining of the holidays, I went to the stadium of my city to play with some friends, and see a tournament  between teams of Martinique and Guadeloupe which lasted two days. In the second week, I went to a barbecue and it was a very good time because there was a river next to the house. During the last day of the holidays I went to the cinema to watch triple x reactived, the movie was very good, there was good actors like Vin Diesel and Samuel L.Jackson  but I think the special effects were too exaggerated.

Stéphane

2 commentaires:

  1. It seems like you two had some really fun times during your holidays! I like watching movies a lot too so it was interesting to hear your opinions on some new films. Quentin, I'd be interested to hear what the carnival you visited was for. Was it for easter or another celebration?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi Olivia!
    Carnival is always celebrated in February or March as in Europe. By the way, we are part of Europe. After Carnival, there is a period of 40 days called Lent when Christ followers fast and pray more. Easter is celebrated one week after Lent, on a Sunday in remembrance of Christ's resurrection. Easter is the most important celebration for all Christians.
    Quentin

    RépondreSupprimer