lundi 8 septembre 2014

What we did during the holidays

We were happy to go back to school on 2nd September. 


Alexia  -   I've been traveling a lot this summer, more than the past few years. It was amazing because I could go everywhere in Paris or London on my own without struggle.
I attended my cousin's graduation in England and went night ice-skating to congratulate her. She kept falling so I had to hold her hand to help her.
Rome is not as I expected; it looks dirty in some areas and there are too many graffiti, except where the magnificent monuments are. I was surprised by the amount of embassies there. I thought I had seen the embassy of Ethiopia but it was actually the house of the ambassador of Ethiopia.
I've been invited by the ambassador of Ivory Coast to celebrate Independence Day. It was an amazing experience.



Anne-Laure  -  During my holiday, I went to Trois-Ilets for three weeks with my family and three friends. We went to the Bambou Hotel. I went to the 'Tour des Yoles' (sailing around Martinique) with my friends on a catamaran for the whole week tour. It was very interesting; I've loved the convivial atmosphere a lot.
I went to the zoo in Carbet, I've seen a lot of animals such as lions and spiders. I've made shots with them. I've seen a very big snake, I was afraid but when I touched him, I loved it, it was soft.
On 19th August, it was Laurane's birthday : we went to Cap Chevalier island in St-Anne for the day. There were twenty of us. We had a big party on the beach with music and grilled meat.


Anika - For my holidays, I travelled to St-Lucia at my family's house. I was very happy. My sister and I went by the beach, we went shopping. For the vacation, I started to do some exercise.
Every Saturday night, my cousins and I went to Domino's Pizza or KFC. I saw the carnival by my home, it was amazing.
My mom, my sister and some other people we went to climb the 'Piton' (a peak) that was so hard. I think this was the worst day of my life.
My sister and I went to a summer pageant, all the girls were beautiful but the one that won was the nicest.

Jason -  On Friday the 15th of July I traveled to my homeland St-Lucia and spent two nights with my family. On Sunday morning, bright and early, I took a plane to the island of Barbados.
When I arrived there, my aunt and her husband were already at the airport. They took me to their house where I settled for the whole month. While in Barbados I visited Bridgetown which is the capital town and multiple seventh day adventist churches as well. I got the chance to sing at a church in St-Michael called Grazette. I made plenty of friends and I ate a lot of fast food in a restaurant named Cheffette where I frequently visited.
I visited a number of malls and boutiques and I also took many pictures. My aunt Dora is a lawyer so I got the chance to meet many other attorneys and magistrates.
I did a lot of outings like going to the beach, karaoke, picnic and shopping. 
While attending the breath of life S. D. A. Church, I became a vacation bible school teacher, where I taught crafts, songs and sign language to children.
When I left Barbados I went back to St-Lucia where I spent two weeks.

Map of  Martinique and St-Lucia in the Lesser Antilles.

16 commentaires:

  1. Jason, Where are you from because you said your homeland St-Lucia?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Jason.N.Laurencin:

      Hi Richelle, I was born in St.lucia but I've been living in Martinique since 2010.

      Supprimer
  2. Anne-laure: How was sailing around martinique? What other animals did you see, wasn't it scary touching the snake? Wow you must be brave.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Anne-Laure
      Hi Sam. In the zoo I saw a lot of animals such as lions, spiders, monkeys, kangaroos and others. I can't tell you about all the animals I saw, there are too many animals.
      I was scary to touch the snake , I tried not to be afraid. And finally I found it funny.

      Supprimer
  3. @Jason: Hi! I'm Toto. It was interesting to hear about your summer holidays. I'm a student at Island School, Hong Kong and I've done some research on Martinique and the tourist attractions there; I can't wait to visit the island for myself. I enjoyed reading your post a lot. See you soon!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

      Supprimer
    2. Hi toto..! Thanks for reading about my summer holidays. That's really cool what you have already done so far before visiting us. I hope that you come soon and have a wonderful day. ^_^

      Supprimer
  4. Anika- Where is St.Lucia? I've never been there but it sounds like a very relaxing place to go on holiday maybe i should go there one time. I love Domino's pizza and KFC, Mmmmmm!! Is KFC and Domino's popular in St.Lucia. It sounds like you had an awesome summer.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Anika-
      Hi Olivia ! St-Lucia is in the Caribbean between Martinique in the North and St-Vincent in the South . KFC and Domino's pizza are very popular in St-Lucia and are always full of customers .
      Thanks for reading :) !

      Supprimer
  5. The only thing that I will question is the speciality of different places like the island of martinique, cuz in my mind its just about beaches and the shadow watered coast... It just a bit ...... boring

    Your xxx Commentator
    Nathaniel Teller Wu

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. @Anne-Laure: Hello! I'm Megan. I'm a student at Hong Kong Island School and I've done a little bit of research on Martinique during my French class. I enjoyed reading your entry and really want to go to Martinique in my summer holidays! I've been studying in Hong Kong for quite a long time and I hope you'll come to visit us in the near future!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Anne-Laure
      Hi Megan. I hope I'll come to Hong Kong during my holidays to discover your traditions, culture . That will be really very interesting.

      Supprimer
  7. Wow, Alexia, you seem to have had a great holiday! Where did you cousin graduate at? What places did you visit in Rome?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

      Supprimer
    2. Alexia:
      Hi Reagan! Yes I did really have a good summer. My cousin graduated in England.That was the second time I attended a graduation in England. It's quite like the High School in the USA except they don't have a ball. I don't remember the names of the places I went to in Rome ( I'll ask my cousins for next time) because I was staying in a village named Attigliano.

      Supprimer
  8. Dear Everyone,

    Sorry for the rudeness of my comment, but please explain more about martinique since I feel a bit clueless about it's speciality . Thanks and goodnight !!!

    Your ... Commentator
    Nathaniel Teller Wu

    RépondreSupprimer