lundi 23 septembre 2013

Soraya

Hi everybody!

My name is Soraya. I'm 14 1/2 years old. My birthday is on October 20th. I really enjoy reading, swimming, cooking and playing video games like 'the Sims'.Sometimes, I can be a bit shy, but I'm quite easy-going, sociable and hard working; I live in St-Joseph, a little town situated in the middle of Martinique, near Fort-de-France, the capital.

People say that St-Joseph is Martinique's green heart because there is a forest named "Bouliki Heart Forest" and a river named "White River". 
The residents are the 'Josephins'; they are approximately 18000. St-Joseph's zip code is 97212. I was schooled at 'Belle Etoile'middle school(still in St-Joseph) but I moved up and now I am at Acajou 1 high school, in Lamentin, Martinique's second big city.
The route from my home to my high school lasts only 8 minutes by car when there aren't traffic jams. I wake up at 6:45 AM to start school at 7:30 AM and finish at 5:00 PM or 3:30 PM.
What about you? When do you wake up? 
At what time does school start and finish for you?
Is your high school far or near your home?

I hope you have loved my presentation.

See you soon,

Soraya

13 commentaires:

  1. Lovely presentation! I wake at six in the morning, and school's from around 08:00 to 16:00. It's pretty far from where I live – I live on the other side of Hong Kong – hence the time I wake up. What books do you like? x

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Karen! Thank you for your compliment ! I read all kinds of books, but I prefer detective and fantastic stories, like Agatha Christie's books, or "Twilight"! What about you? Do you like reading too? If yes, what kinds of books do you read?

      Supprimer
    2. Your English is very good! I've never read a novel by Agatha Christie, but I did watch a Doctor Who episode about her – so I do know some things about her, like the time she disappeared and had no memory of anything that happened...

      I love detective stories too, my favourite detective-series is, without doubt, Sherlock Holmes – there's a BBC television show called Sherlock too, starring two British actors who are currently the centre of a majority of the world's (and mine!) attention right now: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. I really suggest you check it out! Series three airs this November/2014 :D

      I love reading. I read everything – Harry Potter, Narnia, The 39 Clues, The Lord of the Rings, Mitch Albom's novels, Cecelia Ahern's novels (I highly recommend The Gift, The Time of My Life and Where Rainbows End), Cassandra Clare's novels (I love The Infernal Devices best), the Percy Jackson series, John Green's novels, classic novels like Pride and Prejudice...I love everything.

      Do you like poetry? I love poetry. I'm not going to begin talking in depth about what I like because this already is a long "comment", but I do like Auden, Frost and Shakespeare very much.

      Supprimer
    3. Hi Karen!!
      You know what?
      "Sherlock Holmes" is my favourite detective-serie too!! I like the actors (especially Benedict !!). Sherlock is so intelligent and fast

      I have ever seen the movie "Percy Jackson" (it wasgreat!),but,unfortunatelly, I have never readed the books. I think it must be even better than the movie!!

      I'll try to read the books you recommanded me! I like poetry too, but I don't read it a lot !!

      Correct me if I made a spelling mistake!!

      Soraya

      Supprimer
    4. Hi Soraya!

      I KNOW and Benedict is so beautiful!! ;) He stars in EIGHT upcoming films AND he's going to do Hamlet – this fandom is luckiest, I think.

      Ah, the films were lovely but the books are truly brilliant. Must-read!

      x

      Supprimer
    5. Karen,I completely agree with you, Benedict is really beautiful!!:D
      I hope I'll watch at least one of his upcoming films!

      Oh, don't worry, I'll read these books!!;-)

      Supprimer
  2. i wake up at 6:00 and leave at 6:30.i get to school at 7:40 :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Wow ! So,school is pretty far from where you live! Do you go to school by bus? At what time does school finish for you?

      Supprimer
  3. For me school starts at around 8 'o' clock and I have to wake up at around 7:00. After school my mother makes me go to activities such as tennis every tuesday and thursday, and Golf on friday and saturday. My school is close to where I live 20 minutes by walking but it is on a mountain to getting back up is harder.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I practiced tennis during three years, but I only practice golf on the Wii :-D!! Do you like these sports?
      Now,I practice fitness,volley-ball and aerobics!

      Supprimer
  4. Hi Soraya!
    I wake up around 5:00 because I enjoy watching the sunrise. Our school starts at 7:55 to 3:10. My school is not that close to where I live. I would hate to walk that legnth.
    I love books too, what book would you say is your favourite? :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello Katriona!
      I think it must be very cool to see the sunrise every morning, but I couldn't do it,because I like sleeping a lot, and it
      would be too dificult for me to wake up more early!
      I haven't got A favorite book,but a book's collection named "The sisters Grimm".It's the best book's collection I never readed! The writer is Michael Buckley, an american.Did you know this book's colllection?
      What about you? What kinds of books do you read?
      What is your favorite book?
      I hope I didn't make too much mistakes! :):)

      Supprimer
  5. Hi katriona!!!
    There should be a little cold during the aurora...
    A i don't really like getting up so early because i like to sleep a lot. But i'm forced to get up at 5:10. My school is a bit far from my house but i always go on a school bus.
    Classes begin at 7:30 that's why i get up a 5:10.

    RépondreSupprimer